4. Amtech Systems (ASYS), operating through its wholly owned subsidiaries, engages in supplying horizontal diffusion furnace systems used for solar (photovoltaic) cell and semiconductor manufacturing. The company sells its products and services to the solar and semiconductor industries under the brand names Tempress Systems and Bruce Technologies.
Of the six analysts covering the stock, 83% recommend it as a buy and the remaining rate it as a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock up 44.4% to $31.1 in the next 12 months.
Net revenue generated during the second quarter of 2011 was $61.3 million, surging 281% from the year-ago quarter. Net income for the quarter stood at $7.5 million, or 77 cents per diluted share, as compared to $206,000, or 2 cents per share, in the year-ago period. On a sequential basis, solar revenue was up 16% with $60 million solar bookings, while the total order backlog was up 13%. As of March 31, 2011, total order backlog stood at $195 million vs. $173 million in 2010.Heading into the third quarter, the company pegs revenue between $63 million and $66 million. Meanwhile, for full-year 2011, Amtech has raised revenue guidance to exceed $240 million from the earlier estimate of $230 million, representing a 100% increase from its 2010 levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV