5. Rda Microelectronics (RDA), a holding fables semiconductor company, engages in designing, developing and marketing radio-frequency and mixed-signal semiconductors for a range of cellular, broadcast and connectivity applications in consumer electronic devices and mobile handsets. The company's major group of customers is handset manufacturers in China.
All five analysts covering the stock recommend it as a buy, so there are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 38.7%, to $17.7, in the upcoming 12 months.
Total revenue for first-quarter 2011 increased 54.1% year-over-year to $55.2 million, beating the company guidance range of $52 million to $54 million. Net income soared to $7.6 million from $2.7 million earlier.Earnings per ADS stood at 16 cents, compared to 5 cents in the year-ago quarter. During the quarter, Rda shipped more than 1 million units of its new 55-nanometer Bluetooth system-on-chip products. For the second quarter of 2011, the company expects to generate revenue in the range of $65 million to $67 million, ahead of analysts' estimates polled by Reuters. The strong momentum in the company's IPD Front End Module, Bluetooth system-on-chip, Low Noise Block, and DVB-S tuner products is likely to fuel growth. Meanwhile, gross margins are expected in the range of 33.4% to 34%, as Rda benefits from the migration to 55-nanometer for its Bluetooth system-on-chip products and the expected growth in higher gross-margin products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV