5. Rda Microelectronics (RDA), a holding fables semiconductor company, engages in designing, developing and marketing radio-frequency and mixed-signal semiconductors for a range of cellular, broadcast and connectivity applications in consumer electronic devices and mobile handsets. The company's major group of customers is handset manufacturers in China.
All five analysts covering the stock recommend it as a buy, so there are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 38.7%, to $17.7, in the upcoming 12 months.
Total revenue for first-quarter 2011 increased 54.1% year-over-year to $55.2 million, beating the company guidance range of $52 million to $54 million. Net income soared to $7.6 million from $2.7 million earlier.Earnings per ADS stood at 16 cents, compared to 5 cents in the year-ago quarter. During the quarter, Rda shipped more than 1 million units of its new 55-nanometer Bluetooth system-on-chip products. For the second quarter of 2011, the company expects to generate revenue in the range of $65 million to $67 million, ahead of analysts' estimates polled by Reuters. The strong momentum in the company's IPD Front End Module, Bluetooth system-on-chip, Low Noise Block, and DVB-S tuner products is likely to fuel growth. Meanwhile, gross margins are expected in the range of 33.4% to 34%, as Rda benefits from the migration to 55-nanometer for its Bluetooth system-on-chip products and the expected growth in higher gross-margin products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV