7. Photronics (PLAB) engages in the manufacture of photomasks, which are precision photographic quartz plates containing microscopic images of electronic circuits. Photomasks are a key component in the manufacture of semiconductors and flat-panel displays (FPDs), and are used as masters to transfer circuit patterns onto semiconductor wafers and flat panel substrates. As of year-end 2010, PLAB operated mainly from nine manufacturing facilities.
Of the six analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend it as a buy and 17% say it's a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 31.2% to $10.8 in the upcoming 12 months.
The company is scheduled to release its second-quarter 2011 quarterly earnings on May 16, 2011. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect PLAB to record revenue of $119.6 million, as compared to $105.07 million in the year-ago quarter.Net income for the quarter is seen at $10.26 million, or 17 cents per share, as compared to $4.72 million, or 14 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin is pegged at 25.17%, up 20% from the year-ago period. Operating profit for the quarter is expected at $15.65 million as compared to $7.62 million in the same quarter of the prior year, thereby improving margins appreciably. For full-year 2011, the company expects capital expenditure of $75 million to $90 million, revenue between $117 million and $121 million, and earnings per share of 15 cents to 18 cents. For the longer term, the company plans to achieve 15% operating margin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV