Excel Maritime Carriers Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (EXM)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Excel Maritime Carriers (NYSE:EXM) hit a new 52-week low Thursday as it is currently trading at $3.86, below its previous 52-week high of $6.63 with 136,658 shares traded as of 9:51 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 660,500 shares over the past 30 days. Excel Maritime Carriers has a market cap of $347.4 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are down 30.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd. provides sea borne dry bulk cargo transportation services worldwide. The company transports various types of cargo, including iron ore, coal and grain, steel products, fertilizers, cement, bauxite, sugar, and scrap metal. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.3, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 1.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your EXM trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV