- Braskem recorded consolidated net revenue of R$ 7.4 billion in 1Q11, for growth of 3% from 4Q10 and 13% from 1Q10.
- Crackers in the South and Southeast Complexes operated at capacity utilization rates above 90% in 1Q11, led by the South Complex, which operated at an average utilization rate of 96%.
- Synergies from the acquisition of Quattor amounted to R$ 75 million in 1Q11. In 2011, Braskem captured synergies estimated at R$ 377 million on an annual and recurring basis.
- 1Q11 EBITDA reached R$ 919 million, with a 14.1% margin excluding resales. The negative impact related to the power blackout in the Northeastern plants was estimated at R$ 230 million.
- The net debt/EBITDA ratio maintained its downward path to reach 2.37x, declining 2% from 4Q10 and 24% from 1Q10.
- At the end of 1Q11, the risk rating agencies Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's upgraded Braskem's rating to "BBB-" and "Baa3", respectively, which corresponds to investment grade.
- In early April, Braskem announced the issue of US$ 750 million in bonds maturing in April 2021 with a coupon of 5.75% p.a., which is the lowest rate ever obtained by the company. The proceeds from the issue will be used to pre-pay short- and medium-term debt, in line with the company's strategy to restructure its debt profile.
Braskem Reports Net Income Of R$ 305 Million In 1Q11
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.