Clearwire, a Kirkland, Wash.-based provider of wireless broadband services, said in the regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that the selling will begin on Friday, and that Intel expects the divestiture is part of the periodic re-balancing of its equity portfolio and that it anticipates the sales will yield tax benefits.
Dynavox (DVOX) was a standout gainer in late trades after its fiscal third-quarter report topped Wall Street's expectations.
The Pittsburgh-based maker of communication and education products for people with learning disabilities posted an adjusted pro forma profit of $2.6 million, or 9 cents a share, in the three months ended April 1, on sales of $28.7 million.
The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for earnings of 6 cents a share on revenue of $25 million.""In spite of the ongoing macroeconomic challenges, during the third quarter we saw some signs of improvements and our consolidated top line was roughly equal to the last year," said Ed Donnelly, the company's CEO, in a press release. "Sales trends across both devices and software provide validation of our efforts to adapt to the environment as well as the fact that the demand for our products and services remains intact." Donnelly added that the company is "encouraged" by the sequential increase in its U.S. device business. Dynavox also forecast adjusted pro forma earnings of 21 to 27 cents a share for fiscal 2011 with adjusted EBITDA
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV