Stock-Market Rally to Hit Full Stride
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Spurred by a two-year bull market, investors poured $109 billion into mutual funds this year through April, including $28 billion into U.S. stock funds.
Shares benefiting the most are last year's laggards, health-care companies, including UnitedHealth Group (UNH) and Amerigroup (AGP), which have outperformed the likes of Apple (AAPL) and Intel (INTC). UnitedHealth is up 40% this year, and Amerigroup 57%.
The shift in sentiment among investors is startling, given equity funds had suffered outflows for two years, including $75 billion in 2010 alone.
Investors are more confident as the economy has stabilized, the job market is growing and companies are reporting outsized profits. That's a dramatic change from two years ago, when falling stocks cut in half many Americans' 401(k) portfolios, unemployment was on its way to topping 10% and corporate losses piled up.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV