5. Gleacher & Company (GLCH) is an investment bank offering advisory services to companies and institutional investors. It also provides capital-raising, sales and trading services.
For first-quarter 2011, the company's revenue was $94.7 million as compared to $79.3 million in the earlier-year quarter, led by fixed-income revenue and revenue related to ClearPoint, a mortgage company it acquired in January 2011. Net income for the quarter stood at $7.2 million, or 6 cents per share, as compared to a net loss of $211,000, or nil per share, in the year-ago quarter.
During the quarter, the company launched its residential mortgage banking initiative through ClearPoint and earned $5.4 million in principal transactions and commissions. Also, $900,000 was recorded in fees and other revenue due to fees earned on mortgage-lending services. Gleacher recorded $2.3 million as bargain purchase gain in the ClearPoint acquisition.Of the five analysts covering the stock, 40% recommended it as a buy while 40% rate it a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $3.2, or 69.3% higher than the current price, analysts polled by Bloomberg say.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV