8. Claude Resources (CGR) explores for precious metals. The company's mineral properties are located in northern Saskatchewan and northwestern Ontario. The company also owns and administers oil, natural gas liquids and natural gas property interests in Alberta.
For 2010, Claude swung to a net profit of $5.8 million, or 4 cents per share, from a net loss of 6.3 million, or 6 cents, in 2009. Gold revenue from Seabee increased 15% for the same period. In early April, the company's new Santoy 8 gold mine achieved commercial gold production at the Seabee Gold Operation in northeastern Saskatchewan. The company's CEO said the new mine would improve Seabee's production profile and reduce unit cash costs in upcoming quarters, generating higher net earnings and working capital for further growth.
Claude Resources recently completed a $57.5 million equity financing, or $2.50 per share. The company will use the proceeds for the exploration and development of projects and for general corporate purposes.Of eight analysts covering the stock, 88% recommend it as a buy while the remaining rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings. Data from Bloomberg has analysts predicting an average 12-month price target of $3.17, 48% higher than the stock's recent price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV