9. Capstone Turbine (CPST) makes microturbines.
For its latest third-quarter results, the company said revenue increased 51% from a year earlier, while the backlog grew 8%. For Capstone's upcoming fourth quarter, analysts polled by Bloomberg forecast an increase of 57% in revenue to $25.7 million. Meanwhile, the net loss is seen narrowing to $6.25 million, or 3 cents per share, from $12.9 million, or 5 cents a share. Gross margins are expected to swing to a positive 7.9% from a negative 14.7%.
Capstone recently secured an order for 22 C65 microturbines for providing prime power to central processing facilities and metering stations at remote well sites in the Eagle Ford shale in south Texas. The company's local distributor, Pumps & Services, received orders for more than 20 MW over the past 10 months from three major oil and gas companies exploring large shale reserves or plays in the U.S. Thus Capstone microturbines market penetration of is growing indeed.Of the five analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend it as a buy. Analysts polled by Bloomberg forecast a 12-month price target of $2.8, or 47% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV