10. Active Power (ACPW) makes products that deliver continuous clean power to protect customers from voltage fluctuations.
Revenue in the first quarter was $17.3 million, up 56% from a year earlier. During the quarter, the sale of 31.2 megawatts of critical power systems increased revenue per megawatt to $480,000, vs. $414,000 per megawatt on total sales of 23.6 megawatts. Notably, 64% of the orders received since the beginning of 2011 were from new customers, while existing customers accounted for the balance, 36%. Meanwhile, net loss narrowed to $1.1 million, or 1 cent per share, as compared to $2.6 million, or 4 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Heading into the second quarter of 2011, the company expects revenue in the range of $17 million to $20 million, growing 6% to 25% from the second quarter of 2010. Earnings per share are expected to range between a loss of 1 cent to a gain of 1 cent.All the three analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. As such, there are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg forecast an average 12-month price target of $2.9, nearly 22% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV