NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Provident Financial Services (NYSE:PFS) is tomorrow, May 12, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 12 cents per share. At a price of $14.04 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 3.4%. The average volume for Provident Financial Services has been 239,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Provident Financial Services has a market cap of $845.3 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 6.5% year to date as of the previous trading day's close. Provident Financial Services, Inc. operates as the holding company for The Provident Bank that provides banking services to individuals, families, and businesses in New Jersey. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.4, above the average banking industry P/E ratio of 15.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about PFS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV