And don't think for a minute that Google and Apple are in cahoots just because they pretty much gave the same shrug. Google's pressing hard into Apple territory with its new music service even as it positions YouTube to take on Amazon and Netflix on the movie front.
Remember, it is Google's stated mission "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful."
Noble sounding purpose, but never forget that Google is in this to make money and minor scuffles with regulators and rivals are just a cost of doing business.
None of this changes anything for Google investors. And for the most part, I don't get the impression that the globe's Googlers care much either.Perhaps TheStreet columnist Gary Weiss summed up the way a lot of people feel when he wrote in his column today: "I love Google! I love Apple! I love Big Brother!" I'm not saying that quote applies to me, I'm just saying that Google is pretty much deaf to all of this regulatory noise. As long as everyone keeps Googling, the company will keep on doing what it does - and making a ton of money in the process. --Written by Glenn Hall in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV