GE Healthcare today announced two new members of its leadership team in a move designed to drive differentiated product and service offerings that meet its global customers’ diverse needs.
Thomas Gentile, president and CEO of GE Healthcare's Healthcare Systems division (Photo: Business Wire)
Tom Gentile, currently vice president of GE Aviation’s Services division, has been named president and CEO of GE Healthcare’s Healthcare Systems division, a $12 billion business that develops some of the best-known medical technologies including: computed tomography, magnetic resonance, ultrasound, molecular imaging, patient care solutions, x-ray, interventional, life support systems and home health. Gentile succeeds Omar Ishrak, who is leaving GE to lead Medtronic, Inc.
Gentile is a 13-year GE veteran and recently spent three years leading a team that transformed GE’s Aviation services business into a global $7 billion platform. Before Aviation, he held a series of leadership roles in GE Capital’s businesses in the US, France and Australia, overseeing key acquisitions, consumer product launches and driving profitable growth. Before GE, Gentile held leadership and strategy roles with McKinsey & Company, American broadcaster CBS, and General Motors. Gentile earned his bachelor’s degree in economics and his MBA from Harvard University, and studied international relations at the London School of Economics.
John Dineen, president and CEO of GE Healthcare said, “Tom has built his career building business solutions for multi-national companies, across a wide range of industries. He’s a global leader who can build markets around the world. He has the proven track record in developing technologies to help his customers solve some of their industry’s toughest problems. We are very pleased to have Tom join the GE Healthcare team.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV