Siga Technologies Inc. Stock Downgraded (SIGA)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Siga Technologies (Nasdaq:SIGA) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Biotechnology industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$4.94 million to -$4.70 million.
- SIGA TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIGA TECHNOLOGIES INC reported poor results of -$0.62 versus -$0.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.03 versus -$0.62).
- SIGA, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 66.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SIGA TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$4.31 million or 35.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, SIGA TECHNOLOGIES INC has marginally lower results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV