Amtech Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASYS), a global supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells, semiconductors, and sapphire and silicon wafers, today reported record financial results for its second quarter fiscal 2011 ended March 31, 2011.
Second Quarter Financial Highlights:
- Record net revenue of $61.3 million, up 14% sequentially from $53.7 million in Q1 2011
- Record solar revenue of $53.2 million, up 16% sequentially from $45.9 million in Q1 2011
- Quarterly bookings of $73 million ($60 million solar); fiscal year-to-date bookings of $210 million ($189 million solar)
- Record quarter-end backlog of $195 million ($180 million solar), up 13% sequentially from $173 million ($162 million solar) at December 31, 2010
- Gross margin improved to 40%, compared to 36% sequentially
- Operating income of $12.5 million, up 50% from $8.4 million sequentially
- Record net income of $7.5 million, or $0.77 per diluted share, compared to net income of $5.0 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, sequentially
- Second quarter book-to-bill of 1.1:1 (Solar 1.1, Semi 1.5)
J.S. Whang, Chief Executive Officer of Amtech, commented, “Our record revenue and profit for the second quarter further demonstrate our technology leadership in high efficiency solar diffusion and our operational capability to manage and service this high-end growth market. During the quarter we acquired a controlling interest in a China-based solar ion implant technology company, demonstrating our commitment to technology leadership in meeting the ever increasing demand for higher solar cell efficiency. As a result of the acquisition, we immediately established a technology beachhead in a strategically key region of the world, increased our technology expertise, and laid the foundation for future opportunities for our solar business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV