1. Chicago Bridge & Iron (CBI) is an industrial company, providing engineering services and building energy infrastructure for oil and gas companies. Its stock has already gained 21% during 2011.
Goldman, calling CBI "the best story in a late-cycle sector," advises buying on any weakness. It has a 12-month target of $53 on the stock, implying 34% of upside potential. CBI missed Goldman's first-quarter adjusted earnings estimate by a nickel, due to high selling, general and administrative expenses and slower sales growth. The operating margin fell to 7.6%. But $1 billion of new bookings met expectations.Chicago Bridge & Iron's stock isn't terribly cheap based on peer-valuation metrics, but Goldman expects rapid earnings growth through 2013, hitting $3.40 in that fiscal year, giving the stock a forward earnings multiple of less than 12. CBI is an analyst favorite, garnering "buy" recommendations from 75% of those in coverage, indicating positive sentiment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV