6. Horsehead Holding (ZINC) is a producer of specialty zinc and nickel-based products sold primarily to customers in the U.S. The company is also a recycler of electric arc furnace dust as well as hazardous and non-hazardous waste for the specialty steel industry.
During the latest first quarter ended March 2011, the company's earnings more than doubled to $14.8 million, or 33 cents per share, compared to $6.8 million, or 16 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the period increased 12.6% year-over-year to $109.2 million from $97 million, driven by product shipments and higher average realized price.
In terms of operating metrics, zinc product shipments increased 3,053 tons, or 9.1%, to 36,461 tons from 33,408 tons in the comparable quarter of last year. Average realized price per pound increased to $1.18 from $1.15 in the first quarter of 2010. On the balance sheet front, cash and cash equivalents improved marginally to $112.9 million from $109.6 million at the end of Dec. 2010.Of the six analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy on it, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts foresee 34.7% upside to $19 from current levels. The stock has gained 31% in the last one year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV