8. Kaiser Aluminum (KALU) engages in the production of semi-fabricated specialty aluminum products.
For its first quarter ended March 2011, the company reported earnings of $11 million, or 59 cents per share, compared to $9 million, or 44 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the period increased 20.5% year-over-year to $323 million from $268 million, driven by improving demand across its end-market applications and the acquisition of Alexco and Nichols Wire.
Furthermore, shipments grew 12.5% to 144 million pounds from 128 million pounds during the comparable quarter last year, while total realized price per pound rose 7.2% to $2.24 from $2.09. Lastly, value-added revenue (fabricated products net sales minus hedged cost of alloyed metal) stood at $157 million, up 15% year-over-year from $137 million in the first quarter of 2010.Of the four analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts foresee 21.7% upside to $61 from current levels. Analysts at Zacks Investment Research recently upgraded the stock's rating from underperform to neutral.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV