8. Kaiser Aluminum (KALU) engages in the production of semi-fabricated specialty aluminum products.
For its first quarter ended March 2011, the company reported earnings of $11 million, or 59 cents per share, compared to $9 million, or 44 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the period increased 20.5% year-over-year to $323 million from $268 million, driven by improving demand across its end-market applications and the acquisition of Alexco and Nichols Wire.
Furthermore, shipments grew 12.5% to 144 million pounds from 128 million pounds during the comparable quarter last year, while total realized price per pound rose 7.2% to $2.24 from $2.09. Lastly, value-added revenue (fabricated products net sales minus hedged cost of alloyed metal) stood at $157 million, up 15% year-over-year from $137 million in the first quarter of 2010.Of the four analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts foresee 21.7% upside to $61 from current levels. Analysts at Zacks Investment Research recently upgraded the stock's rating from underperform to neutral.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV