Mississippi River Crests: Photo Gallery
Zebedee Anderson fishes while standing on a flooded section of the Bill Ramsey Memorial Highway on Tuesday, May 10, near Vicksburg, Miss.
The Mississippi River was at about 53 feet in Vicksburg, Miss., on Tuesday, and is expected to crest there at 57.5 feet by Thursday.
The river level was above 57 feet on Tuesday in Natchez, a town located about 70 miles downriver from Vicksburg. The water level in Natchez aren't expected to stop rising until the river crests at 64 feet, the National Weather Service said.Few injuries have been reported from the massive Mississippi River flooding, but thousands of residents along the banks have been evacuated. It's possible that thousands of homes, businesses and farms will be destroyed by the near-record river levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV