Mississippi River Crests: Photo Gallery
Zebedee Anderson fishes while standing on a flooded section of the Bill Ramsey Memorial Highway on Tuesday, May 10, near Vicksburg, Miss.
The Mississippi River was at about 53 feet in Vicksburg, Miss., on Tuesday, and is expected to crest there at 57.5 feet by Thursday.
The river level was above 57 feet on Tuesday in Natchez, a town located about 70 miles downriver from Vicksburg. The water level in Natchez aren't expected to stop rising until the river crests at 64 feet, the National Weather Service said.Few injuries have been reported from the massive Mississippi River flooding, but thousands of residents along the banks have been evacuated. It's possible that thousands of homes, businesses and farms will be destroyed by the near-record river levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV