Olympic Steel Stock Upgraded (ZEUS)
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 503.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.71 million to $10.32 million.
- OLYMPIC STEEL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OLYMPIC STEEL INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.20 versus -$5.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.65 versus $0.20).
- Although ZEUS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.30 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- ZEUS's very impressive revenue growth exceeded the industry average of 46.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 75.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.