COLUMBUS, Ohio, May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- T. Marzetti Company today announced a donation of $500,000 of Sister Schubert's® Sausage Wrap Rolls to the West Alabama Food Bank to aid in tornado relief efforts.
The Ohio-based company's donation of 100,000 packages of pre-baked, sausage-filled rolls will assist those in Tuscaloosa, one of the areas most severely affected by the April 27 storm. The product will be sent from Alabama area Sister Schubert's Homemade Rolls plants in four waves over the next eight weeks to ensure support is sustained several weeks after the storm.
"Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the devastating storm that hit very close to home for our Alabama employees and their families," said Patricia "Sister Schubert" Barnes, Founder. "We hope this donation will provide food for those still in need."
About Sister Schubert's Homemade RollsSister Schubert's Homemade Rolls was founded in Troy, Ala., by Patricia "Sister Schubert" Barnes in 1991. Today, it is a subsidiary of T. Marzetti Company, Lancaster Colony's Specialty Foods Division. Sister Schubert's produces 12 varieties of rolls at three bakeries: the company headquarters in Luverne, Ala.; Saraland, Ala.; and Horse Cave, Ky. For more information, visit www.SisterSchuberts.com. About T. Marzetti Company: The T. Marzetti Company, the Specialty Food Subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (Nasdaq: LANC), markets a wide variety of foods for both the retail and foodservice markets. Brands include Marzetti®, New York Brand® and Sister Schubert's®. More information about the company is available at www.marzetti.com. Contact: Jennifer Noncek, Edelman for Marzetti312-240-3130 Jennifer.Noncek@Edelman.com SOURCE T. Marzetti Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV