Tompkins Financial Corporation (NYSE Amex: TMP) , a $3.3 billion financial services holding company based in Ithaca, has once again been named to the American Bankers Association’s list of top performing banks.
In an article published in the April 2011 edition of ABA Banking Journal, Tompkins Financial Corporation was ranked #9 among U.S. public banks, thrifts and holding companies with assets over $3 billion as of December 31, 2010. Tompkins Financial’s ranking is up from 10 th position last year.
The ABA study rated the banks by return on average total equity (“ROAE”), with return on average total assets used as a secondary ranking criterion. Tompkins Financial reported ROAE of 12.72 percent in 2010, a figure that measures a company’s profitability over a fiscal year in relation to average shareholders’ equity.
The article stated that the top-performing institutions were able to generate above-average earnings, remaining more efficient than their peers.Tompkins Financial President and CEO Stephen S. Romaine commented, “It is rewarding to be recognized for strong performance, particularly in what continues to be a challenging economy. Our focus remains on opportunities that create value over the long term for our clients, communities and shareholders,” he said. About Tompkins Financial Corporation Tompkins Financial is a financial services holding company headquartered in Ithaca, NY with $3.3 billion in assets. It trades on NYSE-Amex under the “TMP” symbol. Tompkins Financial provides banking services through its three community banks – Tompkins Trust Company, The Bank of Castile, and Mahopac National Bank, insurance through Tompkins Insurance Agencies, and wealth management through Tompkins Financial Advisors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV