There was further evidence of Apple's iPad momentum on Monday when publishing giant Condé Nast announced that it is offering subscriptions for iPad versions of its magazines. Subscriptions are now available for The New Yorker, it said, with other titles such as Vanity Fair, Glamour and GQ following in the coming weeks.
Another question mark hanging over Apple, however, remains the status of Steve Jobs' health. The iconic Apple chief is on his third medical leave from the company. With Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook once again deputizing for his boss, though, Shope says that the consumer tech giant is in safe hands.
"While we have no incremental details on the nature of Mr. Jobs' health at this [time], we stress that avoiding Apple's stock on these health-related news events has been a mistake in the past," he explained. "Furthermore, if Tim Cook were to permanently take on the role of CEO, we believe investors would quickly embrace him as Apple's new leader."Apple shares crept up 53 cents, or 0.15%, to $347.19 on Monday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV