MCG Capital Corporation (Nasdaq: MCGC) (“MCG” or the “Company”) announced today its financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. MCG will host an investment community conference call today, May 9, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time). Slides and financial information to be reviewed during the investor conference call will be available on MCG’s website at http://www.mcgcapital.com prior to the call.
- Distributable net operating income, or DNOI, for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 was $13.6 million, or $0.18 per share. DNOI refers to net operating income adjusted for amortization of employee restricted stock awards.
- Net operating income for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 was $13.0 million, or $0.17 per share.
- Net loss for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 was $8.8 million, or $0.12 per share.
- Net investment loss for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 was $20.9 million, which included a $24.3 million reduction in the fair value of Broadview Networks Holdings, Inc., or Broadview, resulting from a decrease in the multiples used to value that investment.
- During the quarter ended March 31, 2011, MCG made $95.1 million of advances and originations, including $54.0 million in investments to six new portfolio companies. Payoffs and portfolio monetization activities totaled $129.2 million during the quarter.
- Repaid in full the remaining $17.4 million of Series 2005-A 9.98% unsecured notes.
- MCG’s ratio of total assets to total borrowings and other senior securities was 233% as of March 31, 2011.
MCG also announced today that its board of directors declared a dividend of $0.17 per share. The dividend is payable as follows:Record date: June 15, 2011 Payable date: July 15, 2011 OVERVIEW Today, MCG reported a first quarter 2011 net loss of $8.8 million, or $0.12 per basic and diluted share, which represented a $14.8 million, or $0.20 per share, decrease from the net income of $6.0 million, or $0.08 per share, reported for the comparable period in 2010. This decrease resulted primarily from an $18.6 million increase in MCG’s net investment loss and a $0.8 million increase in the loss on extinguishment of debt, partially offset by a $4.6 million increase in net operating income.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV