When using the SX-1000 family of switches in a 1,000-node configuration, data center operators can save up to 84 percent of the power, reduce rack space by 50 percent and consolidate up to 75 percent of inter-rack cables. The higher speed 40GbE backbone overcomes common bottlenecks and network congestion caused by east/west traffic and storage, and provides up to 10x lower latencies, thus ensuring faster application performance.
SX-1000 Product Details
The SX1035 and SX1036 of 40GbE 1U switches deliver industry-leading latency performance (230us at 40GbE and 250us at 10GbE) with ultra-low power (6.5W per 40GbE port and 3.6W per 10GbE port) and offer flexible configurations such as:
- 36-port 40GbE
- 64-port 10GbE – using QSFP to four SFP+ breakout cables
- 56 10GbE and eight 40GbE – using QSFP to four SFP+ breakout cables
- 48 10GbE and 12 40GbE – using QSFP to four SFP+ breakout cables
All SX1000-series of 10 and 40GbE switches support reversed airflow adding flexibility for data centers with different thermal designs, and consist of redundant and hot-swappable fans and PSUs for higher availability. The SX1000 series is equipped with enhanced chassis management capabilities, supporting Web UI, industry-standard CLI and an impressive set of security features. The SX1000-series is also supported by Mellanox Unified Fabric Manager (UFM), which provides extensive end-to-end fabric orchestration and monitoring capabilities for virtualizing and scaling out data centers.Availability and Pricing The SX-1000-series of 10 and 40GbE switches will begin shipping to customers by the end of this quarter. MSRP pricing for the high density 40GbE switch is approximately $1500 per port. More information can be found at www.mellanox.com. Visit Mellanox Technologies at Interop Las Vegas 2011 (May 10-12, 2011) Visit Mellanox Technologies at booth #1939 to see a live demonstration of the ‘Best-of Interop’ Finalist SX1036 10/40GbE switch, and the full suite of Mellanox’s end-to-end high-performance Ethernet and InfiniBand data center connectivity products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV