Shenandoah Telecommunications Co Stock Downgraded (SHEN)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 56.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.26 million to $2.71 million.
- SHENANDOAH TELECOMMUN CO's earnings per share declined by 41.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SHENANDOAH TELECOMMUN CO reported lower earnings of $0.79 versus $1.06 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 17.7% in earnings ($0.65 versus $0.79).
- The gross profit margin for SHENANDOAH TELECOMMUN CO is rather high; currently it is at 59.40%. Regardless of SHEN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SHEN's net profit margin of 4.70% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $21.51 million or 47.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 36.29%.
- SHEN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 58.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 43.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.