Alexander's Inc. Stock Upgraded (ALX)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Alexander's (NYSE:ALX) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ALEXANDER'S INC has improved earnings per share by 20.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALEXANDER'S INC reported lower earnings of $13.01 versus $25.91 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for ALEXANDER'S INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.50%. Regardless of ALX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ALX's net profit margin of 29.00% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 66.23% to $40.55 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ALEXANDER'S INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -86.16%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 47.19% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ALX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ALX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV