Comfort Systems USA Inc. Stock Downgraded (FIX)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Construction & Engineering industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 368.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.93 million to -$5.17 million.
- COMFORT SYSTEMS USA INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COMFORT SYSTEMS USA INC reported lower earnings of $0.36 versus $0.90 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 61.1% in earnings ($0.14 versus $0.36).
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, COMFORT SYSTEMS USA INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- FIX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.10 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.35, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- FIX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts