MILPITAS, Calif., May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced that it has completed the sale of its external storage systems business to NetApp, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTAP) for $480 million in cash.
Under the terms of a definitive agreement announced on March 9, 2011, NetApp has purchased substantially all the assets of the LSI external storage systems business, which develops and delivers Engenio® external storage systems products and technology to a wide range of partners that provide storage solutions to end customers.
Proceeds from the sale are expected to fund purchases of the company's common stock under its previously announced $750 million stock repurchase program.
Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements that are based on the current opinions and estimates of management. These statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause LSI's actual results to differ materially from those set forth in the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, our ability to repurchase our common stock at prices we believe to be advantageous and general industry and market conditions. For additional information, see the documents filed by LSI with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and specifically the risk factors set forth in the company's most recent reports on Form 10-K and 10-Q. LSI disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.About LSI LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) is a leading provider of innovative silicon and software technologies that enable products which seamlessly bring people, information and digital content together. The company offers a broad portfolio of capabilities and services including custom and standard product ICs, adapters and software that are trusted by the world's best known brands to power leading solutions in the Storage and Networking markets. More information is available at www.lsi.com. Editor's Notes:
- All LSI news releases (financial, acquisitions, manufacturing, products, technology, etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, http://www.lsi.com.
- LSI and the LSI & Design logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Corporation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV