Flamel Technologies (Nasdaq: FLML) today announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2011. Highlights since the Company’s last conference call include:
- Entering into licensing agreements for two controlled release formulations of molecules with a leading specialty pharmaceuticals company. Flamel will receive $3 million upfront, as well as eventual development milestones and royalties upon sale of the product.
- Flamel has also entered into another license agreement with a separate specialty pharmaceutical company to develop a controlled-release Micropump formulation of a drug that is currently marketed by that company. Flamel will receive $500,000, and is eligible to receive a development milestone and costs of development as well as a royalty on net product sales upon eventual commercial launch of the product.
- Flamel has begun a new initiative to enter joint development agreements with companies developing very promising new molecules, with the potential of significantly higher financial returns for Flamel, if successful.
- Flamel continues to work to protect its technology and Coreg CR.
For the first quarter 2011, Flamel reported total revenues of $6.8 million versus $8.1 million in the year-ago period. License and research revenues during the first quarter of 2011 were $3.2 million versus $3.4 million in the first quarter 2010. Product sales and services, relating to the supply of Coreg CR which the Company has continued to furnish to GSK while a new supply arrangement is being negotiated, were $1.6 million in the first quarter of 2011, versus $2.3 million in the year-ago quarter. Other revenues in the first quarter 2011, consisting primarily of royalty revenues from GSK related to sales of Coreg CR, were $1.9 million as compared to $2.3 million in the year-ago quarter.
Operational expenses in the first quarter 2011 were $11.7 million versus $12.1 million in the year-ago quarter. Costs of goods and services sold in the quarter were $1.4 million, as compared to $1.9 million in the first quarter of 2010. Costs and expenses of Flamel's research and development were $7.8 million during the quarter, compared to $7.3 million in the first quarter of 2010. SG&A expenses during the first quarter of 2011 were $2.5 million versus $2.9 million in the year-ago quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV