Reported GDP in 2009: $335.3 billion
Reported GDP today: $356.6 billion
Population change 2000-10: 8.1%
Texas as a whole took the recession a whole lot better than most states, but when your town's main strengths are technology and energy and its most well-heeled tenants include AT&T (T), Texas Instruments (TXN), Southwest Airlines (LUV), Tenet Healthcare (THC), Celanese (CE) and Atmos Energy (ATO), you've got a city built for survival. Forget about a real estate bust also, as the larger Dallas-Fort Worth metro area has grown 25% since 2000 -- making it the fastest-growing major city in the U.S. Judging by the nearly 57 million people that came through Dallas-Fort Worth Airport last year, making it the fourth-busiest in the U.S. behind Atlanta, Chicago O'Hare and Los Angeles, more are on the way.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV