At just 8.9 millimeters thick, the Infuse is thinner than 4G rivals such as Sprint's (S) 11.2 mm Nexus S 4G and LG's 10.92 mm G2x, which is sold by T-Mobile. Apple's (AAPL) popular iPhone 4 is 9.3 mm thick.
AT&T is also making a song and dance about the device's 4.5-inch screen, which is the largest in its smartphone lineup. Speaking at the device's launch event late on Thursday, Mike Woodward, vice president of AT&T's mobile device portfolio, said that this will prove particularly useful when viewing news aggregation services and in social networking.
"One of the things about Facebook is that it has become something where people communicate with each other, but also share media," he told
TheStreet. "People love big screens and the thinness makes the whole
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV