2. Corn Products International (CPO), provides ingredient solutions to the food, beverage, brewing and pharmaceutical industries, as well as several other industries worldwide. The company produces ingredients that provide valuable solutions to customers in nearly 50 countries. It derives its products primarily from processing corn and other starch-rich materials such as tapioca.
For first quarter 2011, Corn Products reported 56% increase in net sales to $1.46 billion. Net income rose 127% to $176 million, or $1.28 per share, from $75 million in the year-ago quarter, attributable to the acquisition of National Starch food division in the previous year. While gross profit jumped 109% during the quarter, operating income soared 217% from the year-ago quarter.
For full year 2011, the company expects net sales to surpass the $6 million mark. It also expects capital spending to range between $280 and $300 million. As part of its strategy to gain traction in emerging economies, Corn Products plans to invest in Brazil and Argentina.Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 56% recommended a buy while the remaining suggest a hold. The stock has no sell ratings. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 19.2% to $63.87 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV