4. Tyson Foods (TSN) engages in the production, distribution and marketing of chicken, beef, pork, prepared foods and related products.
For the second quarter, analysts polled by Bloomberg estimate a 9% increase in net revenue to $7.5 billion from $6.9 billion in the year-ago quarter. Earnings per share are seen at 44 cents for the quarter. Meanwhile, Jefferies estimates pork margins to expand by 360 basis points during the second quarter. Also, it forecasts favorable feed contracts to offset the pressure on chicken industry. Tyson is scheduled to release its second quarter 2011 earnings on May 9, 2011.
For 2011, the company projects revenue at $31 billion. In addition, production is seen increasing slightly, however not outpacing the estimated export growth. Meanwhile Bloomberg estimates earnings per share for full year 2011 at $2.11.Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 59% recommend a buy while 41% rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the share value at $22.18 with an upside of 15.4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV