5. Dole Food (DOLE) is a producer and marketer of high-quality fresh fruit and vegetables and a leading producer of organic bananas. Dole markets a line of packaged and frozen fruits, and is a produce industry leader in nutrition education and research.
The company announced its first-quarter results on May 2, 2011, reporting improved results in all the three segments with 25% increase in its EBITDA to $106 million from $85 million in the prior year quarter. The company's fresh fruits segment benefited with 55% higher sales, due to improved market conditions in Europe and Asia, and better pricing in European operations due to their restructuring plan.
For the first quarter, net revenue increased 5% to $1.17 billion from $1.12 billion in the year-ago period. Comparable income from continuing operations for the first quarter of 2011 was $45 million, or 51 cents per share, compared to $15 million, or 17 cents per share, in the first quarter of 2010.The company recently launched a product, FRUIT BOWLS, for its health-conscious customers, which received overwhelming market response. The company expects to improve results in 2011 over 2010. Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a hold while the rest rate a buy on it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg project 12.3% upside to $15.8 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV