Massey To Conduct Safety Stand Down At Randolph Mine
JULIAN, W.Va., May 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the recent U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) impact inspection results at Randolph Mine in Boone County, West Virginia, Massey Energy Company (NYSE: MEE) will conduct a three-day safety stand down at the operation.
Company officials will conduct the safety stand down after spending the past few days reviewing issues related to MSHA violations that occurred at the Randolph Mine last week.
During the stand down, which will take place on May 6th, 9th, and 10th, all miners will receive additional training on safety practices, proper ventilation procedures and mine plan requirements. This additional training will supplement an eight-hour safety-training seminar that MSHA required Randolph Mine personnel to attend on Monday, May 2, 2011. Production will be idled on all three days in order to conduct the training."We were disappointed in the results of last week's MSHA inspection and I ordered this stand down to reinforce safe mining practices and provide additional training in safety, ventilation and the requirements of our mine plan," said Massey Energy CEO and President Baxter Phillips. Massey Energy previously conducted company-wide safety stand-downs on April 5, 2011 and October 29, 2010, to emphasize the need for all our operations to comply with the letter of the law. Massey Energy Company, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, with operations in West Virginia, Kentucky and Virginia, is the largest coal producer in Central Appalachia and is included in the S&P 500 Index. SOURCE Massey Energy Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV