Is it the type of event that could provide a tangible economic boost to a nation?
1-800-Flowers (FLWS) Jim McCann: "Certainly the economy's impacted by mood, and clearly there's a jubilant mood of achievement -- of pride. A great deal of respect and pride for our special services, our armed forces, CIA kinds of folks."One little thing that I've seen -- just last night I was speaking with Tim Hopkins, our head merchant, and he was telling me there's been a real uptick just this week in our Americana collection. He asked 'Do you think it's attributable to the actions of Team Six?' Frankly, I don't think it could be a result of anything else. I think it's just evidence of people's pride and feeling of comfort and achievement."
What are America's corporate leaders saying about the issues of the day? TheStreet's reporters, during the course of their weekly coverage, will pose a thematic question to the business executives they interview. Have a question you'd like to see TheStreet ask the CEOs? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV