- At the 2011 American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting in April, Enzon presented data from preclinical and clinical studies of four investigational messenger RNA (mRNA) antagonists, demonstrating the compounds’ potential to inhibit key tumor targets that antibodies and small molecules have limited ability to control and access.
- In January, Enzon announced the FDA had accepted its Investigational New Drug (IND) application for its Androgen Receptor (AR) mRNA antagonist. Following this approval, the Company enrolled and treated the first patient in its Phase I trial of the AR antagonist in castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- In April, the Company received notice that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted firtecan-pegol (EZN-2208) orphan drug designation for the treatment of neuroblastoma. Orphan drug designation provides for marketing exclusivity for that indication in the U.S., an expedited review process, a reduction in associated application fees and certain other benefits.
- During the first quarter of 2011, Enzon repurchased 3.9 million shares of outstanding common stock, totaling $41.5 million. As of April 30, 2011, the Company had purchased a total of 5.7 million shares of outstanding common stock for a cumulative cost of $62.2 million.
Enzon Reports 1st Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.