Fujifilm FinePix 3-D W3
If you were one of the first adopters who bought the $600 Fujifilm FinePix 3-D W1 back in 2009 and dealt with poor low-light sensitivity, grating noise, inability to shoot video and the size and weight of a brick, we hope you're really enjoying your paperweight.
For those who held off, however, the new $400 version is slimmer, lighter, easier to use and has a 3-D display that gives Nintendo's 3DS a run for the money. The images don't reduce elements in the background to the flat, featureless forms found in bad stereoscopic 3-D movies and video games and look especially great when connected to a larger 3-D screen via an HDMI cable. More importantly, you get the ability to shoot 3-D video that, while funky-looking at first, is that wave of the future the Hollywood studios have been talking about for the past two years or so.
It's the one 3-D camera product out there that actually looks like a real camera -- a rarity during a time smartphones are replacing point-and-shoot cameras -- but if you're going to experiment during the early stages of 3-D photography, shouldn't you at least look like a photographer while doing so?-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV