4. Lloyds Banking Group (LYG) is a U.K.-based financial services company operating in the retail, wholesale, international banking and insurance segments.
Pre-tax profit of 2010 beat analysts' estimates at $3.6 billion, compared with a $10.3 billion loss in 2009. Total income grew 3% to $38.9 billion, boosted by core business income, which grew 7% for the year.
Though higher funding costs piled pressure, prudent lending improved net interest margin to 2.1% from 1.77% in 2009. The 45% reduction in impairment charge to $21.5 billion improved overall profitability. Lower operating expenses improved the cost-to-income ratio to 46.2%, compared with 50.7% in 2009.At the end of 2010, Tier 1 ratio was 11.6% and capital ratio was 15.2%. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 71% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV