8. Mizuho Financial Group (MFG), operating through its subsidiaries, provides a suite of banking and financial services in Japan and the international markets. The company offers retail-banking services including housing and personal loans, credit cards, deposits, investment products and consulting services.
Net income for the nine months ended December 2010 more than tripled to $5.2 billion on a year-on-year basis. Consolidated gross profit for the nine-month period ended December 2010 rose 5% year-over-year to $19 billion, aided by trading gains and the emergence of a customer group segment, both domestic and overseas, arising mainly from non-interest income.
During the first nine months of fiscal 2011, the company strengthened its capital base by plowing back profit and through issuance of common stock in the first half of fiscal 2010. The company's medium-term target is to take its Tier 1 capital ratio to 12% and capital ratio to 8%.Analysts expect the stock to return 47% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV