The Law Firm Of Weiss & Lurie Investigates The Acquisition Of Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc.
Weiss & Lurie, a national class action and shareholder rights law firm with offices in New York City and Los Angeles, is investigating possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law by the Board of Directors of Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc. (Nasdaq:VSEA) arising from its proposed acquisition by Applied Materials, Inc. (Nasdaq:AMAT) for $63 per share in cash. The deal is expected to close by the end of 2011.
Weiss & Lurie is investigating whether Varian’s Board acted in the best interests of shareholders in approving the transaction and whether the Board properly sought to maximize shareholder value.
If you own Varian shares and would like more information about your rights as a shareholder or additional information concerning our investigation, please contact Julia J. Sun either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (888) 593-4771.
Weiss & Lurie has litigated hundreds of stockholder class and derivative actions for violations of corporate and fiduciary duties. We have recovered over a billion dollars for defrauded institutions and individuals and obtained important corporate governance in these cases. If you have information or would like legal advice concerning possible corporate wrongdoing (such as insider trading, waste of corporate assets, accounting fraud, or issuing materially misleading press releases or SEC filings), consumer fraud (such as false advertising, defective products, or other deceptive business practices), or anti-trust violations, please email us at email@example.com or fill out the form on our website, http://www.weisslurie.com/contact/report_fraud/.Attorney Advertising. Past results do not guarantee a similar outcome. SOURCE: Weiss & Lurie
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV