2. Athersys (ATHX) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of therapeutic product candidates. The company's product development portfolio includes MultiStem, a stem cell product under development for treating multiple diseases. MultiStem is being evaluated in two ongoing clinical trials and has been authorized for use in a third clinical trial.
In addition, Athersys is developing pharmaceuticals to treat indications such as obesity, certain cognitive and attention disorders, and other forms of excessive daytime sleepiness. The company will report its first quarter 2011 results on May 5.
Net loss for the first quarter of 2011 is forecast at $2.6 million on sales of $2.6 million, compared to a net loss of $2.6 million on $1.7 million sales recorded during 2010 first quarter, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Loss per share is pegged at 12 cents, down from 14 cents per share reported during the comparable quarter last year.All the three analysts covering the stock rate a buy on it. According to analysts polled by Bloomberg, the stock has 175% upside over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $8.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV