4. NuPathe (PATH) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics for diseases of the central nervous system, including neurological and psychiatric disorders. The company will announce its first quarter results on May 10.
Net loss for the first quarter of 2011 is forecast at $7.2 million, or 49 cents per share, compared to net loss of $4 million recorded during 2010 first quarter, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
The company recently announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued a notice of allowance for U.S. patent application 12/181,142 entitled "Transdermal Methods and Systems for the Delivery of Anti-Migraine Compounds." This application relates to methods of effectively treating a migraine using an iontophoretic patch containing a triptan. NuPathe expects to receive the within the next few months, post that, the patent will provide coverage for its lead product candidate, Zelrix, through April 2027, in addition to the coverage provided by its licensed U.S. Patent No. 6,745,071, which expires in February 2023.All the five analysts covering the stock recommend buying it. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain around 75% over the next 12 months with a target price of $14. Analysts at Zacks Investment Research recently reiterated a neutral rating on the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV