5. Alimera Sciences (ALIM) is a biopharmaceutical company that specializes in the research, development and commercialization of prescription ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, focusing on diseases affecting the back of the eye, or retina. The company will announce its first quarter results on May 5.
Net loss for the first quarter of 2011 is forecast at $6.7 million, or 20 cents per share, compared to net income of $2.6 million, or 12 cents per share, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
The stock was recently upgraded from an underperform rating to a neutral rating by analysts at Zacks Investment Research. All the six analysts covering the stock rate a buy on it. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee 48% upside for the stock over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $13. The stock has already gained a whopping 152% during the past one year and currently trades at a P/E of 18.6
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV