7. HealthStream (HSTM) provides Internet-based learning and research solutions to meet the training, information, and education needs of the health care industry.
For 2011 first quarter, the company reported 25% year-over-year increase in net sales to $18.5 million from $14.8 million owing to a 26% and 22% increase in revenue from HealthStream Learning and HealthStream Research, respectively. Earnings almost doubled to $1.5 million, or 7 cents per share, from $0.8 million, or 4 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
The company recently acquired a 50% stake in Laerdal Medical's Advanced Video System (AVS), a product that enables users of advanced patient simulators to easily capture simulation video, audio, data logs, and "patient" responses, creating a powerful debriefing tool to optimize learning. The company paid $3.5 million in cash, using existing cash balances to fund this transaction.All the five analysts covering the stock recommend buying it. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain around 14% over the next 12 months with a target price of $11.3. The stock has gained a whopping 106% during the past one year and 28% during the past one month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV