1. P.H. Glatfelter Company (GLT), a manufacturer of specialty papers and fiber-based engineered products, engages in the production of papers for carbonless and forms, specialized envelopes, filtration papers for the tea and coffee industry, high-quality paper for book publishing, and paper for a variety of other specialty products. The company has two business units: the North America-based specialty papers and the Europe-based composite fibers.
The stock received has 50% buy ratings. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 30.9% to $18.0 in the upcoming 12 months.
For the first quarter of 2011, the company recorded adjusted earnings of $16 million, or 34 cents per diluted share, as compared to $8.7 million, or 19 cents per diluted share, in the year-ago period. Net sales increased by a record 17.6% to $396.8 million from the earlier year quarter, spurred by higher selling prices, and sales contributed by the Advanced Airlaid Materials business unit -- created after the acquisition of Concert Industries in Feb. 2010. On a sequential quarter basis, overall shipments increased by almost 9%.Heading into the second quarter of 2011, the company estimates overall shipment volumes, selling prices and input costs to be higher than the first quarter. It expects to benefit from the initiatives to reduce costs and improve operations. Additionally, the company's board of directors authorized a share repurchase up to $50 million of outstanding common stock, which it intends to conduct in the upcoming 12 months. Capital expenditure for the full year is seen ranging between $60 and $65 million. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 6 Paper Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV