3. Domtar (UFS), is an integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated free sheet paper in North America. The company's uncoated free sheet papers and coated ground wood papers are used for business, commercial printing and publishing, and converting and specialty applications. Besides, the company also produces lumber and other specialty and industrial wood products. Domtar own Domtar Distribution Group -- a network of paper distribution facilities.
Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 60% recommend a buy, while 20% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 15.9% to $109.3 in the upcoming 12 months.
For the first quarter of 2011, the company recorded adjusted net income of $138 million, or $3.25 per share, as compared to consensus estimates of $2.34 polled by Bloomberg and $69 million, or $1.59 per share, in the year-ago quarter. Additionally, the company revealed that its net cash flow was up $29 million quarter-over-quarter totaling $240 million at the end of March. For the same period, Domtar's debt reduced by $72 million.In its efforts to turn towards renewable resources for its energy requirements, the company said it will bear additional costs for its share in the proposed biomass plant in Rothschild that would produce both electricity and steam. The $250 million plant will produce 50 megawatts of electricity as well as steam for the company's papermaking operations. Domtar said it would raise its share of the cost by 88% to $47 million. Looking ahead to 2011, Domtar expects to benefit from the higher prices for softwood pulp and for commercial printing and converting papers. For the first quarter 2011, the company has upped its dividend by 40% to 35 cents per share. Meanwhile, the board has authorized to increase the share buyback program from $150 million to $600 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV