5. Rock-Tenn (RKT) is a manufacturer of packaging products, recycled paperboard, containerboard, bleached paperboard and merchandising displays. It operates through 95 facilities located across 27 states. Broadly, it has four segments: consumer packaging, corrugated packaging, merchandising displays, and specialty paperboard products.
Of the eight analysts covering the stock, 63% recommend a buy while 25% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 14.5% to $77.6 in the upcoming 12 months.
For the second quarter of 2011 ending March 31, 2011, the company recorded 8.3% increase in net sales to $792.9 million as compared to the-year ago quarter. Meanwhile, adjusted earnings per diluted share increased 49% to $1.04 from 70 cents in the earlier period. Led by higher sales volumes (up 18,531 tons) and pricing (rising $59 per ton) in the consumer and corrugated packaging segments from the year-ago quarter, free cash flow expanded, thereby reducing net debt by $46 million. Besides, the company has also invested $32 million in its business.The company recently declared a dividend of 20 cents per share for its Class A Common Stock, payable on May 23, 2011, and representing an annual dividend of 80 cents per share. Looking ahead to 2011, the company reaffirmed its EBITDA guidance of $530 to $540 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV